Stuffed chicken roast or any other meat like veal breast, goose, pork ribs are considered to be a real festive dish. You can turn it into a delicious meal by serving it together with red cabbage stew and of course, don’t forget to have a glass of good red wine.
If you like experimenting and you like stuffed chicken recipes you can try some of these popular recipes.
Stuffed Chicken Roast
- 2 boneless chicken legs
- 200 ml milk
- 2 pieces of bread or small baguette
- 1 egg
- 50 g onions
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 5 g bacon nicely cut
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp marjoram fresh is prefferable
- salt and black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a bowl crush the bread into small pieces and pour the milk and wet it well.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat and add onions with bacon. Fry them with little butter until the onion gets translucent then season with marjoram and parsley.
- Turn off the heat add the wet bread and let it cool for a few minutes. Then add the egg.
- Prepare the meat and season with salt and pepper then put filling on the meat and roll it around.
- heat in a frying pan at high temperature.
- Season with salt, pepper, and marjoram then transfer them to the pan and fry from all sides quickly.
- Preheat the oven to 130° C.
- Transfer to a baking tray, add a little bit onion, wine and the rest of the butter, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and roast for about 50 minutes.
- Let it cool then cut in slices and serve with a wine.
Inspiration and adaptation: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com, recipeswise.com, wikipedia.org
Explore other recipes from the traditional Slovenian cuisine.