Baked Ricotta with Green Olives, Lemon and Oregano
Usually served alongside meat, these beautifully tender beans make the perfect accompaniment to a protein rich serving of baked ricotta.
- 600g firm ricotta cheese, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 Grated rind lemon
- ½ cup grated sharp cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 20 pitted green olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease 6 small ramekins (around 8cm diameter) and line with baking paper, buttering baking paper as well. Make sure the baking paper comes up around 2cm above the rim of the ramekins.
- Blend ricotta, eggs, lemon rind, sharp cheese, oregano, olives, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until ricotta has risen like a souffle and tops are golden.
- Remove from oven and allow baked ricotta to sink before removing from ramekins.
- Once cool enough to handle, turn ramekins out onto the palm of your hand – the ricotta mound should fall out easily.
- Carefully remove baking paper and serve with Fasolakia (green bean stew).
Photo credit and inspiration: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com