Baked Ricotta with Green Olives, Lemon and Oregano is a delicious and protein rich vegetarian dish. Ricotta is an Italian whey cheese made from cow, sheep or goat and date back to the Bronze Age on the Italian peninsula.
Baked Ricotta with Green Olives, Lemon and Oregano
- 600g firm ricotta cheese, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 grated rind lemon
- ½ cup grated sharp cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 20 pitted green olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease 6 small round baking cups and place with baking paper, but in a way so the paper comes out of the cup.
- Add to the food processor eggs, lemon rind, ricotta, sharp cheese, oregano, olives, season with salt and pepper, and blend.
- Pour the mixture into the cups and bake for 35 minutes, until the tops became golden.
- Then take them out from the oven and let them cool. Then turn them upside down and take them from the cups and remove the baking paper.
- You can serve them by itself or with green bean stew.
Photo credit and inspiration: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com, wikipedia.org, fandom.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.