Kosovo Sallate is a delicious citrus salad that is light, healthy and refreshing with a sweet and sour taste due to the oranges and lemon. For extra protein and calcium are added hard-boiled eggs with some white feta cheese or also called white cheese on top.
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into thin discs
- 1 lemon, peeled and sliced into thin discs
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup black olives in brine
- small bunch of fresh mint, minced plus a couple whole leaves to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup sliced brine cured white cheese like feta
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Use a cutting board and slice oranges and lemon into pieces. Cut the cheese and remove the shelves from the eggs. Slices the eggs and add them along with the citrus to a platter.
- Add on top a few olives with no pits.
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh mint on top and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil on top.
- You can add on top a few fresh mint leaves.
Inspiration and adaptation: internationalcuisine.com
Explore other recipes from traditional Kosovo cuisine.