Katak is an old traditional recipe produced in Bulgaria for centuries from a fermented yogurt that is mixed with white cheese, roasted peppers and garlic. White cheese or also called sirene is widely used across the Balkans.
- 2 red peppers
- 400 g yogurt
- 200 g Bulgarian Feta cheese,
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Wash and grill the red peppers over stove or barbeque and peel them. Leave them aside in a bowl.
- Minced the garlic and add it to the peppers.
- In a bowl mix well the sirene with the yogurt. Add the paprika and sunflower oil, along with the mixture of the garlic and the grilled peppers. Mix all together.
- Garnish with a fresh parsley on top and serve with bread.
Inspiration and adaptation: foodfuntravel.com, soofoodies.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.