Pepper and Potato Stew Recipe
Pepper and Potato Stew is an easy and simple vegetarian meal recipe that can be served by itself or along with noodles or pasta. Balkan cuisine is heavily influenced by Mediterranean cooking and vegetables are an important part of it.
Pepper and Potato Stew (Slane Paprike sa Lukom I Krompirom)
This an easy and simple vegetarian meal that can be served by itself or along with noodles or pasta.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large red, yellow, orange, and green peppers sliced into thin strips
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 can large diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Vegeta
- Salt and course black pepper
- Over medium heat, heat a large skillet with oil.
- Cut the peppers in long strips and add them to the skillet and stir for about 10 minutes. Add the onions and garlic and cook until they begin to soften but stir so you prevent peppers from burning and sticking.
- Pour in the tomatoes with the juice and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and vinegar. Cook for about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables became tender.
- You can serve them right away or leave them aside while you are preparing other meal you can combine with it.
Inspiration and adaptation: cookingserbian.blogspot.com, recepti.com,
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.
Did you make this Pepper and Potato Stew recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!