Baked Greek Chicken
This authentic Baked Greek Chicken recipe is packed with flavor and juicy on the inside, delicious and easy to prepare, served with warm pita bread. You can prepare cucumber, tomatoes salad on the side and have enjoyable dinner with a glass of white wine. You can use chicken breast or chicken thighs. Chicken is well presented in the Greek and Mediterranean cuisines.
Baked Greek Chicken
This Baked Greek Chicken is delicious and it goes well with spinach and warm pita bread!
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thick slices
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- black pepper
- 1 tsp Greek seasoning (or 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/2 tsp. salt)
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- crumbled Feta for topping
- 1 tsp paprika
- pita bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°
- In a large bowl place a zest from one lemon and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Then slice the red onion and add with the kalamata olives and toss well.
- Prepare a baking dish by placing a baking sheet at the bottom then add the olives and the onions.
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces and season with salt, pepper, and Greek seasoning then add them to the onions and olives.
- Place the peeled garlic cloves under the chicken then spread over the top of the chicken the hummus.
- Use the juice out of the zested lemon and pour over the chicken.
- Last step is to add the squeezed lemon slice it into rinds and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then add the tomatoes around the meat and drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes.
- Place it back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- In a plate lay the spinach, then place the chicken on top and crush some feta cheese and some fresh lemon slice.
- Serve with pita bread and hummus.
Inspiration and adaptation: thewanderlustkitchen.com, keytomylime.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.
Did you make this Baked Greek Chicken recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!