Bosnian Moussaka is traditional meal in Bosnian cuisine prepared from meat and eggplant casserole covered with a sauce. Moussaka is a traditional dish of eggplant prepared in the Balkans and the Middle East. Bosnian.
- 800 g eggplants
- 200 g onion
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 250 g minced meat (beef)
- 600 g fresh tomatoes
- 350 g minced meat (pork)
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp dry minced vegetables
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- First cut eggplant and tomato into slices.
- Add eggplants and tomatoes in to a pan and sauté them with a little oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chopped onion, add the minced meat, dried vegetables and pepper.
- Cook the minced meat with a little water for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a baking dish and at the bottom cover with part of the eggplant, then spread over the eggplant with the prepared tomato, then put breadcrumbs over and drizzle the moussaka with a little oil.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/220° C and place the moussaka and bake for about 20 minutes.
- You can serve it hot and with sour milk.
Photo credit and inspiration: coolinarika.com, worldtravelerrecipes.blogspot.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bosnia and Herzegovina cuisine.