Bulgarian Cherry Pudding
This Bulgarian Cherry pudding cream is very delicious and it is perfect in combination with biscuits and can be served with summer cocktails. This pudding dessert is easy to prepare and can be a great delicious surprise for your guests.
Bulgarian Cherry pudding
This Bulgarian Cherry pudding cream is very delicious and it is perfect in combination with biscuits.
- 4 cup water
- 11 oz cherries
- 1 packet starch Vanilla
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 oz butter
- Use a saucepan and heat up over medium heat. Add the water or milk to the saucepan if you are using but leave aside a cup.
- Add the sugar to the saucepan and use a wooden spoon to stir well until sugar dissolves in the liquid. You can regulate the sweetness based on your taste by reducing or increasing the sugar.
- Then remove the saucepan from the heat and mix the Vanilla starch the yolk and then pour it into the saucepan.
- Stir well and return to the hot stove.
- Wait for a few minutes the mixture to get thicken and take off, then add the butter to the mixture. Stir until butter melts and mix with the liquid. Leave it aside for ten minutes.
- Add the gelatin in a pan with cold water. Place it on the stove and heat it up on medium heat. Stir continuously to dissolve the gelatin into the water.
- Prepare the cherries by washing them and removing the pit. Divide them into small bowls or cups and pour the hot cream.
- Leave it to cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve the pudding dessert with walnut shavings or cherry jam on top.
Inspiration and adaptation: harvestimefoods.com, babapena.com, thesmoothierecipes.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Bulgarian Cherry Pudding recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!