This Serbian Cherry and Pumpkin Pies Recipe is the perfect pie recipe you can prepare with just four easy ingredients, popular is a summer or autumn day. The pie can be prepared using This could be prepare cherry or pumpkin or both. This is different than the traditional pumpkin pie known to the West.
Cherry and Pumpkin Pies
- 3.3 lb pumpkin (or cherries)
- 1.1 lb thin piecrusts
- 1 sachets of vanilla sugar
- powder sugar as needed
For pumpkin pie:
- A little bit of cinnamon
For cherry pie:
- 6 tbsp Wheat semolina/grits
- Prepare the cherries or if you are using pumpkin, grate and mix the vanilla sugar. Use 2 of piecrusts and place them on flat surface. Then brush with with oil, and put them as a sandwich one over the another.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare a greased baking pan.
- Add cherry or grated pumpkin on the longer side on the crusts with 2 tbsp sugar sprinkle some cinnamon for taste, then roll and transfer it to the baking pan.
- Follow same steps to prepare the rest of the crusts, then transferring them to the pan. Brush with oil and spray some water.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- After it is baked you can sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut the pie into peaces.
Inspiration and adaptation: serbiancookbook.com, omgchocolatedesserts.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.