Bulgarian Chicken Soup (Pileshka Supa)
Bulgarian Chicken Soup (Pileshka Supa) is a very tasty and healthy, traditional soup. The soup has a slightly sour taste and it is good against colds or inflammatory processes in the body, and one of bulgarians’ favorably soup against a hangover.
Bulgarian Chicken soup is a very tasty and healthy, traditional soup, widely popular against colds, inflammatory processes in the body, or to lower blood pressure.
- 200 g chicken
- 1.5 l chicken broth
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- black pepper
- Put a whole chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Add salt and boil for about 30 minutes.
- Keep the stock and leave about 200 g of the meat aside for the soup. The rest of the chicken you can use to prepare a different chicken meal.
- On a cutting board cut all vegetables into small cubes.
- Bring the pot with the chicken stock to boiling and add the carrots and the onions then add the peppers and the potatoes. After 15 minutes add the noodles and the chicken meat.
- Boil until the potatoes are cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add finely chopped lovage and celery. remove from the heat and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
- Ticken the soup with yogurt and egg mixture. In a small bowl mix well the egg and the yogurt and add a little of the hot soup. Stir well and gradually return to the soup and continue stirring to prevent the egg from curling.
- Serve with a slice of lemon.
Inspiration and adaptation: lakomnik.bg, cook-with-love.com, bulgarianspices.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Bulgarian Chicken Soup (Pileshka Supa) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!