Kufteta is a traditional Bulgarian dish, similar in taste to a spicy meatball and usually are made with mix from pork, veal, or beef. This type of meatball preparation is commonly found in the Middle Eastern, Balkan, and Central Asian and Indian cuisines.
- 2 lb minced meat - 60% pork, 40% beef
- 2 onions
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- ½ black pepper
- 20 g salt
- Season the ground meat with salt, black pepper and cumin and leave it for a few hours in the fridge.
- In a bowl mix the meat mixture with chopped onions and 3 tsp water.
- Mix everything well with the rest the ingredients leave it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Wet your hands and form meatball and place them into frying pan with oil. Fry them on both sides till the meatballs get brown.
- Served immediately with bread and ljutenitsa.
Inspiration and adaptation: recipesbg.com, receptite.com, tastybg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.