Kufteta is a traditional Bulgarian dish which is served all year round - similar in taste to a spicy meatball or a homemade burger.
- 2 lb minced meat - 60% pork, 40% beef
- 2 onions
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- ½ black pepper
- 20 g salt
- Salt the minced meat and place in the fridge for around 4 hours.
- Then, mix it with the black pepper and cumin. Thinly slice the onions and mix into the mixture along with 2 or 3 teaspoons of water.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients well and let rest again in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Form into meatball or burger shapes and either fry them or barbecue them.
Photo credit and inspiration: questbg.com