Lukanka is a popular Bulgarian semi-dried aromatic salami unique to Bulgarian cuisine made with a mixture of minced pork and veal. It is similar to sujuk, but often stronger flavored and it needs hung to dry for about a few weeks.
- 2 lb minced meat (any variety, we recommend pork)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp savory
- hog casings (or other sausage links casings)
- You can use a large bowl and mix well all the ingredients.
- Leave it covered in the fridge for about 1-2 days or in a cool area.
- Make sure you knead the mince again before you start stuffing the lukanka. Stuff the pork intestines with the mixture, making sure that there is no excess air inside.
- Hang in a cool, dry place, with no direct sunlight.
- You can use a needle to let air out if necessary.
- Consume when dry enough.
Inspiration and adaptation: delikates.bg, cuisinebgcr.wordpress.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.