Plum Slatko Recipe
Plum Slatko Recipe is made from slightly ripe plums which are washed and peeled, before being placed in lime water. The peeled and pitted plums are then boiled in a clear sugar syrup flavored with lemon slices. This plums dessert has a creamy, light texture and a sweet flavor that goes well with kaymak, or with sheep feta.
This homemade plum slatko dessert has a creamy, light texture and a sweet flavor that goes well with kaymak, or with sheep feta.
- 1 kg plums
- 1 kg sugar
- lemon juice
- Rosette leaf
- Mix 250 g lime into 2l of water, then add ½ gallon water to prepare the lime water solution. Leave it aside.
- Use ripen plums, wash and peel them then add them to a lime water.
- Drain only the clear lime water into a pot and leave the limes at the bottom. Add the plums in the lime water and leave them 1 hour and then rinse them well.
- Prepare the syrup by mixing 1-2 cups of water with sugar and cooked on low heat to create honey like substitution.
- When ready mix it with lemon slices, 1 tsp diluted citric acid and vanilla.
- Then add the plums to this syrup and continue cooking for about 25 minutes and then add the rosette leaves.
Inspiration and adaptation: kuvajmo-blogovski.com, serbia.com, tasteatlas.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.
Did you make this Slatko recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!