Plum Slatko Recipe is made from slightly ripe plums which are washed and peeled, before being placed in lime water. The peeled and pitted plums are then boiled in a clear sugar syrup flavored with lemon slices. This plums dessert has a creamy, light texture and a sweet flavor that goes well with kaymak, or with sheep feta.
- 1 kg plums
- 1 kg sugar
- lemon juice
- Rosette leaf
- Mix 250 g lime into 2l of water, then add ½ gallon water to prepare the lime water solution. Leave it aside.
- Use ripen plums, wash and peel them then add them to a lime water.
- Drain only the clear lime water into a pot and leave the limes at the bottom. Add the plums in the lime water and leave them 1 hour and then rinse them well.
- Prepare the syrup by mixing 1-2 cups of water with sugar and cooked on low heat to create honey like substitution.
- When ready mix it with lemon slices, 1 tsp diluted citric acid and vanilla.
- Then add the plums to this syrup and continue cooking for about 25 minutes and then add the rosette leaves.
Inspiration and adaptation: kuvajmo-blogovski.com, serbia.com, tasteatlas.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.