This Sallatë Jeshile or Albanian Green Salad is a simple refreshing and healthy green salad, with light dressing with just vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Green salads are very popular across the Balkans, especially during spring and summer. You can easily grow your own lettuce at home and enjoy it all year around.
Sallatë Jeshile (Albanian Green Salad)
For the Salad
- 1 head of lettuce, cut into bite size pieces romaine or any type lettuce
- ½ red onion slice it under running water or soak it 10 minutes in cold water if it is strong onion
- 1 tomato, quartered
- olives, black, green or both, sliced
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar white, red or balsamic
- salt to taste
- Use a large bowl and mix all the vegetables together and olives.
- Use a glass jar and prepare the dressing by whisking together the ingredients.
- Pour over the salad just before serving.
Explore other recipes from the traditional Albanian cuisine.