This delicious Bulgarian spicy fish soup is an easy way to add healthy fish that’s low in fat and rich in Omega−3 fatty acids. Omega−3, also called Omega-3 oils are essential nutrients in preventing heart disease.
Spicy fish soup
- 400 g fish
- 1 carrots
- ¼ celery
- 1 onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 chillies
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 thyme
- black pepper - to taste
- Clean, wash, and prepare the fish by cutting it in pieces.
- In a bowl mix together the finely chopped thyme, grated tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and squeezed lemon juice.
- Transfer the fish to the mixture and leave it aside for half an hour.
- Place in a pot with water carrots, chopped onions, celery, hot peppers and oil, and boil them until soft.
- Transfer the fish pieces and the soup in clay pot and boil for another 20 minutes.
- Serve fish soup sprinkled with pepper and lemon slices.
Inspiration and adaptation: gia-bg.com, bulgarianspices.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.