Bulgarian Spinach Soup is healthy, and light and usually it served cold with Bulgarian yogurt or feta cheese and warm bread. The soups have a very important role in the Bulgarian cuisine, and some soup are with meat but most of the them are based on vegetables.
- 1 kg spinach
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 spring onions
- ½ cup rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup yogurt
- tbsp flour
- a bunch of parsley
- Finely chopped the spinach using a sharp knife and a cutting board.
- Over medium heat add a pot with water to the stove and bring it to boiling. Add the spinach, salt and boil it for about 10 minutes.
- Then add chopped on slices green onion and carrot on cubes and after 10 more minutes, add the cleaned and washed rice.
- When the rice is cooked, take is a side.
- In a small bowl beat yolks of eggs with the flour and yogurt. Place a small pot over medium heat and add the mixture to it. Add a small part of the soup to the pot and stir to make a well mixture.
- Pour out the mixture of the small pot to the soup and stir well it. Sprinkle with parsley.
- You can serve with 1tbsp of yogurt or with feta cheese.
Inspiration and adaptation: biteofbg.blogspot.com, fandom.com, bgcooks.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.