Bulgarian Spinach Soup
Bulgarian Spinach Soup is healthy, and light and usually it served cold with Bulgarian yogurt or feta cheese and warm bread. The soups have a very important role in the Bulgarian cuisine, and some soup are with meat but most of the them are based on vegetables.
Spinach Soup is healthy and light. Usually it served cold with Bulgarian yogurt or feta cheese.
- 1 kg spinach
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 spring onions
- ½ cup rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup yogurt
- tbsp flour
- a bunch of parsley
- Finely chopped the spinach using a sharp knife and a cutting board.
- Over medium heat add a pot with water to the stove and bring it to boiling. Add the spinach, salt and boil it for about 10 minutes.
- Then add chopped on slices green onion and carrot on cubes and after 10 more minutes, add the cleaned and washed rice.
- When the rice is cooked, take is a side.
- In a small bowl beat yolks of eggs with the flour and yogurt. Place a small pot over medium heat and add the mixture to it. Add a small part of the soup to the pot and stir to make a well mixture.
- Pour out the mixture of the small pot to the soup and stir well it. Sprinkle with parsley.
- You can serve with 1tbsp of yogurt or with feta cheese.
Inspiration and adaptation: biteofbg.blogspot.com, fandom.com, bgcooks.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Bulgarian Spinach Soup recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!