Artichoke Salad with Spinach, Feta and Sugar Snap Peas is a great summer salad that brings a lot of flavors.
Artichokes are surprising, not popular ingredients in people’s diet but they should be. They are popular in the Mediterranean recipes and bring health benefits including improved digestion, lower blood sugar levels and heart health, and liver health.
Artichoke Salad with Spinach, Feta and Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 jar marinated artichokes
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 200 g sugar snap peas
- 80 g feta cheese
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Using a sharp paring knife, carefully slice open the sugar snap peas length ways along the curved edge of the pod. Remove the peas and place in a small bowl. Also keep sugar snap pod halves for the salad.
- Drain the artichokes and rinse them under running water, careful because the marinated artichokes are really easy to break.
- Arrange the salad in a salad bowl starting with the spinach leaves at the bottom then the artichoke pieces, feta and sugar snap on top. Spread some peas over the top.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing olive oil, lemon juice and cumin seeds and drizzle over salad.
Inspiration and adaptation: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com
Explore other recipes from traditional Greek cuisine.