Stuffed Peppers with Eggs and Cheese
While some people prefer their peppers stuffed with meat and rice, others, prefer a different kind of stuffed peppers.
- 10 peppers
- 3 eggs
- 14 oz Bulgarian feta cheese (sirene)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove the seeds.
- Beat the eggs, grate the cheese, and combine and mix in a bowl with spices and fresh parsley.
- Stuff each pepper with the mixture.
- Grease an oven proof dish with oil.
- Put peppers in dish.
- Cover dish with foil and cook peppers for approximately 20 minutes in oven.
- Uncover and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the peppers are fully cooked.
Photo credit and inspiration: windowtobulgaria.blogspot.com