Stuffed Peppers with Eggs and Cheese are Bulgarian style vegetarian roasted peppers stuffed and fried with a mixture of crumbled white cheese and whisked eggs. You can use Bulgarian white cheese, called sirene or if you can not find one you can use feta cheese.
Stuffed Peppers with Eggs and Cheese
- 10 peppers
- 3 eggs
- 14 oz Bulgarian feta cheese (sirene)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove the seeds.
- In a small bowl grate the cheese, crack and beat the eggs, and mix them with the spices and fresh parsley.
- Fill out each pepper with the mixture.
- Place the stuffed peppers into greased baking pan, cover it with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove the foil and for another 15 minutes to fully cook the peppers.
Photo credit and inspiration: windowtobulgaria.blogspot.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.