Tomato Consommé Recipe
This Tomato Consommé Recipe is a simple and easy vegan soup made by adding a mixture of chile, onion, and tomatoes. It differs from the standard consommé soup which is usually made by adding a mixture of ground meats, with a combination of carrots, celery, and onion, tomatoes, and egg whites.
Tomato consommé is made by adding a mixture of tomatoes with chile, and onion and great for cold winter days.
- 12 vine tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ fresh chile, chopped
- 1 tbsp merlot vinegar
- 2 tbsp dill
- 1 avocado
- pickled Onions
- First prepare the tomatoes by chopping them and then transfer them into a large bowl, add some sea salt and mix them gently.
- Then add to the bowl vinegar with the chopped chile and mix slowly. Leave it aside covered for a couple hours.
- The water will begin to drain out of the tomatoes. toss chopped tomatoes with the
- Use a fine mesh to remove any seeds from the tomato liquid that has been drained. You can press them to get as much as you can and leave it aside to push the juice through.
- This tomato liqued you'll be using for the consommé.
- You can store the tomato pulp for a use with other dishes in the refrigerator fora few days.
- Garnish with dill and avocado balls before serving.
Inspiration and adaptation: rouxbe.com, crecipe.com, wikipedia.org
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.
Did you make this Tomato Consommé recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!