These string beans with beef are made in a salad from Slovenian cuisine. If you are a meat-lover or especially a beef lover, this salad is a great way to add some vegetables like green beans to your meal.
The recipe is easy to follow and it will keep you satisfied for a while. If you are vegan or if you just want to replace the beef with a vegan substitute you can create your own vegan beef alternative
String Beans with Beef
- 500 g freshly cooked string beans or pickled
- 130 g onions
- 250 g cooked beef
- oil to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives, (fresh or frozen)
- vinegar to taste
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Prepare the string beans by rinse them under running cold water and cook them or use ready to use from brine, then cut to a length of 2 to 3 centimeters.
- Leave them aside to cool. Remove any fatty parts.
- Season with salt and mix all the ingredients, then add oil, vinegar and pepper, and mix again.
- Serve with and freshly chopped chives on top.
Inspiration and adaptation: oblizniprste.si, recipeswise.com, fandom.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Slovenian cuisine.