Walnut Cookies (Orehovki)
These Walnut Cookies Orehovki are very easy to make with only with 3 ingredients and are tasty with a strong nutty flavor. Walnuts are popular nut in Bulgaria, but of course if you do not have walnuts you can try with different type of nuts.
Walnut Cookies (orehovki)
These Walnut Cookies Orehovki are made only with 3 ingredients but are tasty with a strong nutty flavor.
- 2 cup finely ground walnuts
- 3 egg whites
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place a pot with water on the stove and heat it up to medium heat.
- Add the egg whites in a bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until you make a frothy texture.
- Add the sugar slowly while still continuing to beat, add the cinnamon, vanilla, a pinch of salt, and finely ground walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 365° F/180° C.
- Use about 2 tbs of the dough to form small balls with your hands then place them on baking dish, covered with paper. Press a little bit on top to flatten them.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: 1001recepti.com, viktoriastable.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Bulgarian Walnut Cookies (Orehovki) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!