This Walnut Purichki are easy to prepared with products we all have in our pantry and a great way to please your hunger for sweet treats. If you do not have lard you can substitute it with a butter.
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup sunflower or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup shortening or lard
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup ground hazelnuts or walnuts
- Prepare the dough by adding the flour to a large bowl and make a well at the center with you fingers.
- Add the yogurt and soda at the center and stir well. Then add the sugar and the melted lard and mix well. leave it aside.
- Use a separate bowl where you'll add ground walnuts mix with sugar.
- Roll the dough on a floury surface into separated sheet with 1/8 in thickness. Then cut from these sheets squares. Place the walnut mixture in the middle of each square and roll it.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- Transfer to a baking pan with baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
- After you bake all the cookies sprinkle some powered sugar on top.
Inspiration and adaptation: receptite.com, gotvach.bg, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.