Albanian Mixed Vegetables or also called Turli Perimesh is a light and tasty. Albanian cuisine typically only use one herb per dish with strong Italian influence with the use of squashes and fresh parsley.
Main dish of Mixed Vegetables (Turli Perimesh)
- 2 lb various vegetables (peppers, eggplant, okra, zucchini, potatoes, etc)
- 1/2 cup oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Wash and cut off the tips of vegetables, and slice them into 1-inch squares.
- Turn the stove on and put a frying pan. Add the vegetables with half of the oil and sauté. take them aside.
- Use the remaining oil to sauté tomatoes, onion, chopped parsley, and season with salt, and pepper. Use a stock pot with a cup of water and cover tightly until all moisture has cooked away.
- It goes really well with steak, meatballs, or any other main dish. It is serves hot.
Inspiration and adaptation: mimisrecipes.com, globaltableadventure.com, wikibooks.org
Explore other recipes from the traditional Albanian cuisine.