These Bulgarian Baked Apples with Honey and Walnuts (Pecheni Yabalki) combine the naturally sweet flavor of apples by health properties from honey and add nutritious from the walnuts. It is great and healthy traditional recipe in Bulgarian cuisine.
Bulgarian Baked Apples with Honey and Walnuts
- 6 baking apples Granny Smith are a good choice
- 3 tbsp raisins, soaked in either brandy, orange juice, or water to soften
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Use a large bowl to combine honey, cinnamon, the soaked raisins, and walnuts, set aside.
- Core the apples and fill them with the mixture and transfer the apples into a baking dish standing.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Serve warm with a spoon of ice-cream on the side.
Inspiration and adaptation: internationalcuisine.com, bulgariancooking.com, madamebulgaria.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.