Lika Lunch (Ličin Ručak) is filling and perfect for breakfast with scrambled eggs. It can be prepared anytime of the year. Kielbasa is a popular U-shaped smoked meat sausage from Poland that uses combination of different types of meat.
Lika Lunch - Ličin Ručak
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/-inch pieces
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced into thin coins
- 1 medium head green cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 2 tbsp water
- Prepare the potatoes by chopping them and place them in a medium-size bowl.
- Season with the salt and black pepper and mix.
- Preheat a pot with water add the potatoes and boil them.
- Over medium-high heat add a large skillet with oil. Add the onions and saute for a few minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Cut the kielbasa in rings and them to the skillet, add the garlic and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Drain the boiled potatoes and add them to the skillet, and add a little oil.
- Stir while potatoes are cooking for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Shred the cabbage and season with salt and pepper, mix it with our hands and then add it to the skillet with a little water.
- Cover the skillet and cook for a few minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: cookingserbian.blogspot.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.