Enjoy this perfect vegetable Mediterranean Tofu Greek Salad full of flavorful ingredients like olives, zucchini, eggplant and tofu. If you skip the feta cheese you can turn it into a great vegan greek salad.
If you are looking for ways to implement tofu into your diet you may like this veggie tofu scramble recipe as well.
Tofu Greek Salad with Char-grilled Vegetables, Arugula and Pistachios, and a Lemon Dill Dressing
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1cm thick strips
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1cm thick strips
- 200 g firm tofu, cut into wedges 1cm thick
- 100 g baby arugula leaves
- 60 g feta cheese
- 30 g shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the eggplant and zucchini. Cut the zucchini into long strips.
- Heat the barbecue for a 5-10minutes then grill the zucchini strips and eggplant, and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl add the tofu and sprinkle a little oil and salt and mix. Grill the tofu then set aside to cool.
- In salad bowl, arrange arugula with the char-grilled vegetables, the tofu wedges, pistachio nuts and feta.
- Prepare the dressing from mixing together olive oil, lemon juice, and dill and drizzle over salad.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Inspiration and adaptation: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com, ilovevegan.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.