Bulgarian pizza is a great homemade pizza you can prepare for your family and enjoy it as an appetizer. We all know pizza has an Italian origin and it first appears in Italy when still part of the Byzantine Empire.
For the dough
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
For the toppings
- 150 g ham
- 10 olives
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ⅓ cup oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 100 g cheese
- black pepper
- You can use salami or ham or you can use 10 anchovy fillets.
- Use a small bowl to beat the tomato paste with the spices and oil. On a cutting board grate the cheese and cut the ham into cubes.
- Finely chop the garlic and remove the pits from the olives.
- In a large bowl or using a dough mixer prepare and knead the dough from the flour with the baking powder and the other necessary products and leave it aside to rice.
- Transfer it to a floury surface and roll it out. Place it in a greasy and flour baking tray and bake it for a few minutes.
- Then take it out spread the the tomato blend on top and arrange salami/fish, the garlic and grated cheese.
- Bake it until the pizza gets crisp brow edges.
Inspiration and adaptation: recepti.gotvach.bg, tastycraze.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.