This Bulgarian Style Cake is popular homemade dessert around holidays or Christmas and it is cover with powdered sugar. Dessert and sweet treats are an important part of the Bulgarian traditions during holidays.
Bulgarian Style Cake
- 4 eggs, beaten up
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 baking powder
- 2 vanilla powders
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 2½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl crack the eggs and beat them with the sugar and then add the oil.
- Add the baking soda, mix well then pour the yogurt and whisk well.
- In separated bowl mix together the flour and the baking powder then add them to the mixture along with vanilla and stir well.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C.
- Use a round shaped pan and grease before pour the mixture. Pour one part of the mixture then add cocoa to the other and pour it on top.
- Bake the cake for 15 minutes uncovered, then cover the baking form and bake for another 20 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: biteofbg.blogspot.com, yoli-bg.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.