This Bulgarian Cabbage Salad is healthy and easy to prepare salad, popular especially in the late summer and fall. This salad will take just a few minutes to prepare and it is great source of vitamins, including vitamin K1.
- 1 lb fresh cabbage
- ½ lb carrots
- fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- First, wash and clean up the cabbage. Place it on a cutting board and cut it in thin small pieces.
- Clean, wash and shred the carrots.
- Chop the parsley.
- In a large salad bowl mix all ingredients and add salt.
- In order to bring the juice out of the cabbage smash the salad with your hands to absorb the salt.
- Drizzle with vinegar and add oil. Mix well and serve immediately.
Inspiration and adaptation: haskovo.net, bulgarianspices.com, recipeswise.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.