Crispiest Greek Lemon Potatoes (Patates Lemonates)
Crispiest Greek Lemon Potatoes (Patates Lemonates) is a traditional popular roasted potatoes side dish widely used in the Greek cuisine. These delicious lemony flavor are perfect on their own or served with meat. Selecting the right potato is the secret for that perfectly crispy texture. Using the semolina really helps brings that crispy texture to the roasted potatoes.
Traditional Crispiest Greek Lemon Potatoes Recipe (Patates Lemonates)
This is traditional Crispiest Greek Style Lemon Roasted Potatoes (Patates Lemonates) with a delicious lemony flavor that are perfect on their own or served with meat.
- 7 large potatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 lemons juice
- 1 tsp semolina
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F
- Place a baking paper at the bottom on a large baking pan.
- Using a cutting board peel the potatoes and cut them into wedges then spread over the baking pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the potatoes.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, then turn them over to bake them from the other side and add some oregano and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
- If necessary add a little water to the baking pan.
- Using the semolina helps for this golden crust for the potatoes.
Inspiration and adaptation: completerecipes.com, organicfoodus.com, tryveganrecipes.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.
Did you make this Crispiest Greek Lemon Potatoes (Patates Lemonates) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!