Croatian Shrimp Recipe (Skampi Na Buzara) Buzara is a Croatian technique of preparing scampi by cooking it in a mixture of garlic, olive oil, wine, fresh herbs. Buzara can be prepared with white or red sauce. You can find almost on every menu, along the Croatian coast.
Croatian Shrimp (Skampi Na Buzara)
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup strained tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ salt
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- pepper to taste
- 2 cup white wine
- ¼ cup raisins
- Place a large frying pan with olive oil over medium heat. Then add minced garlic and stir for about 30 seconds, then add in the shrimps and mix it with the garlic and olive oil.
- sauté over moderately high heat until golden. Season with salt and pepper, add the wine, bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add to the pan together with breadcrumbs, tomatoes, raisins, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix gently and cover it. Let it cook for 10-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley on top and serve.
Inspiration and adaptation: tasteatlas.com, internationalcuisine.com, lidiasitaly.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Croatian cuisine.