Eemam Bayalldee known also as Imam Bajalldi is delicious Albanian dish that has origin from the Ottoman cuisine consisting of whole eggplant stuffed with onion, garlic and tomatoes. Ottoman cuisine is the cuisine of the Ottoman Empire and it had influenced the cuisines of Turkey, Greece, the Balkans
Eemam Bayalldee (Imam Bajalldi)
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 onion
- tomato puree
- chopped parsley
- Wash and clean the eggplant and peel into strips along the length.
- Cut a hole lengthwise and removing some flesh from the eggplant.
- Chop the flesh finely and chop 1 large onion in thin strips and put into a pan and fry.
- Add tomato puree, chopped garlic, and chopped parsley to the pan.
- Stuff the eggplant with the mixture and put them into a baking dish, add a little water if necessary. Turn the oven to 395F and bake.
Inspiration and adaptation: lecker.de, albaniavisits.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Albanian cuisine.