Eemam Bayalldee (Imam Bajalldi)
This delicious Albanian dish from Turkish origine has many local variations as well as connected stories.
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 onion
- tomato puree
- chopped parsley
- Clean the Eggplant and peel into strips.
- On one side cut a hole lengthwise, removing some flesh.
- Keep the flesh and chop it finely. Chop 1 large onion in thin strips and fry. Add the chopped Eggplant and fry it too.
- Add chopped garlic, tomato puree and chopped parsley.
- With this mixture stuff the Eggplant and put them in the oven to bake. Add water if necessary.
Photo credit and inspiration: lecker.de, albaniavisits.com