.Feta Cheese Dip (Tirokafteri) is a creamy Greek dipping sauce prepared with a combination of feta cheese, yogurt , hot peppers and it is served with slices of warm pita bread. It is commonly eaten as part of a mezze platter, or by itself
Feta Cheese Dip (Tirokafteri)
- 3.5 oz feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red vine vinegar
- 150 ml yogurt
- 2 red chillies or more according to preference
- Add the feta cheese, yogurt and red chillies to a blender and begin blended it.
- Slowly add the olive oil and vinegar continue mixing.
- Transfer it into a bowl and add a few olives.
- You can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Inspiration and adaptation: wikipedia.org, tasteatlas.com, tastybg.com
Photo: Alexander Baxevanis/Wikipedia
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.