Greek Leeks and Rice (Prasorizo) traditional simple vegan Greek dish with spinach rice and leaks, fresh herbs, or lemon juice. If you are looking to add more protein you can easily add meat or chickpeas if you want to keep it vegan.
Leeks and Rice (Prasorizo)
- 1 lb leeks sliced in ½ inch wide slices
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- ½ cup medium grain rice
- 1½ cup boiling water
- black pepper
- Wash well the leeks since they grow in sandy soil and and slice them.
- Place a pot with water over medium heat and bring it to boiling. Add the leeks and continue boiling for 3 minutes.
- Use a large pot over medium heat with olive oil and sauté the leeks for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stock, the tomato paste, dill and season with salt and pepper, stir well and simmer until rice is cooked. Add water, if necessary.
- Drizzly on top lemon juice and freshly ground pepper.
Inspiration and adaptation: recipecommunity.com.au, recipeswise.com, cookeatshare.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.