This Mish Mash recipe is traditional, very tasty meal and easy to make in under 10 minutes. It is especially popular during spring and summer and it is prepared with fresh vegetables, eggs and Bulgarian or Greek feta cheese, garnished with freshly parsley.
- 4 eggs
- 200 g Bulgarian feta cheese (sirene)
- 2 tomatoes. chopped small
- 2 red or green peppers, chopped small
- ½ onion, chopped small
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the onions and the peppers and cook until onions are golden.
- Cook until onions and peppers are softer.
- Add tomatoes and feta cheese and stir.
- Season with spices and stir
- Add the eggs to the pan and mix.
- Cook and stir until the cheese has melted and eggs are cooked to your preference.
Inspiration and adaptation: bulgarianbuzz.com, fandom.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.