Poached Eggs with Yogurt (Eggs Panagjurischte)
Poached Eggs with Yogurt (Eggs Panagjurischte) are traditional dish, easy to prepare and great breakfast or light dinner. The recipes is from a town in Pazardzhik Province, Southern Bulgaria, called Panagjurischte.
Poached eggs with yogurt (Jajca po panagjurski)
Poached Eggs with Yogurt (Eggs Panagjurischte) are traditional dish, easy to prepare and great choice for a breakfast or light dinner.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ tbsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 tbsp butter
- Fresh crusty bread for serving
- In a small bowl stir together yogurt, salt and garlic until well mixed. Transfer it to two serving plates.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat and cover with 2 inches water, add vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Using a spoon create a whirlpool swirling in the center of the skillet and crack the eggs into the water and poach until egg white gets white, but egg yolk is still runny (about 3 minutes).
- Place two eggs on each plate with yogurt.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter until it sizzles.
- You can sprinkle paprika, over the eggs, spread some freshly chopped dill or parsley on top. Serve with bread.
Inspiration and adaptation: confessionsofaspoon.blogspot.com, blogovoditel.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Poached Eggs with Yogurt (Eggs Panagjurischte) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!