Poached eggs with yogurt (Jajca po panagjurski)
When it comes to breakfast, we need to eat something which can make us energetic whole day long and this recipe is a great choice.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ tbsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 tbsp butter
- Fresh crusty bread for serving
- Stir yogurt, salt and garlic together in a small bowl until well blended. Divide between two serving plates.
- Take a deep skillet, put 2 inches (5 cm of water), add vinegar and bring to a simmer. Create a small whirlpool swirling the water with a spoon. Crack the eggs one after another gently into the water and poach until egg white gets white, but egg yolk is still runny (about 3 minutes).
- Lift each egg with a slotted spoon and place two eggs on each plate with yogurt.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it sizzles.
- Add paprika, stir and drizzle over the eggs. Serve with bread.
Photo credit and inspiration: confessionsofaspoon.blogspot.com