Poached Eggs with Yogurt (Eggs Panagjurischte) are traditional dish, easy to prepare and great breakfast or light dinner. The recipes is from a town in Pazardzhik Province, Southern Bulgaria, called Panagjurischte.
Poached eggs with yogurt (Jajca po panagjurski)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ tbsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 tbsp butter
- Fresh crusty bread for serving
- In a small bowl stir together yogurt, salt and garlic until well mixed. Transfer it to two serving plates.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat and cover with 2 inches water, add vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Using a spoon create a whirlpool swirling in the center of the skillet and crack the eggs into the water and poach until egg white gets white, but egg yolk is still runny (about 3 minutes).
- Place two eggs on each plate with yogurt.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter until it sizzles.
- You can sprinkle paprika, over the eggs, spread some freshly chopped dill or parsley on top. Serve with bread.
Inspiration and adaptation: confessionsofaspoon.blogspot.com, blogovoditel.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.