These homemade Pork Rind are so very easy to make and so good! Pork rinds are made from the skin of a pig. But good doesn’t mean healthy. These rinds are the great fulfilling keto snack, that has a crunchy and salty taste with low-carb.
But these low card snacks are they actually healthy? These pig rinds can be high in sodium and fat, but they are low in carbohydrates. If they are high in calories and sodium they can cause some health problems.
It can be fried or roasted in pork fat to produce the snack called pork rinds.
- pork skin
- salt and black pepper
- Use skin no later than 3 days of purchase.
- Cut the skins into strips with a sharp knife, about 1" wide.
- In a large pot add a water and bring it boil f
- Add the strips to the pot, cover it and boil the skins for about 30 minutes.
- Season while still hot.
- Use a smoker or grill and place the puffed up strips fat side down and smoke over indirect heat at about 225°F for an hour.
- Then increase the temperature to about 400°F indirect heat for 45 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: wikipedia.org, fandom.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Slovenian cuisine.