Rolled Dumplings Recipe
Slovenian Rolled Dumplings are cooked dough filled with spinach and cottage cheese. There are many recipes of dumplings that can be based on bread, flour or potatoes dough and may be filled with meat, fish, cheese, vegetables, fruits or sweets. The first Slovenian food to be classified as a Traditional speciality guaranteed dish was the Idrijski žlikrofi dumplings .
Slovenian Rolled Dumplings are traditional dish cooked from dough filled with spinach and cottage cheese prepared in a different way.
- 100 g precooked, well drained and smashed spinach leaves
- 1 egg
- 50 g semolina or bread crumbs
- black pepper
- 200 g cottage cheese
- 100 g sour cream
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix together and let them aside for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a floury flat surface and stretch the dough to a thin sheet then spread the filling. Roll it in a roll then cut it into small pieces with a knife.
- Place a pot with water over a medium heat and add salt. When it starts boiling add the rolled dumplings.
- Then reduce the temperature and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When ready sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley on top.
Inspiration and adaptation: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com, fandom.com, wikipedia.org
Explore other recipes from the traditional Slovenian cuisine.
Did you make this Rolled Dumplings recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!