Starosofiiska salata (Old Sofia Salad)
Starosofiiska salad is delicious and easy to prepare salad made from roasted marinated red pepper, white cheese, walnuts, olive oil, garlic and dill. Roasted marinated red pepper you can easily find in the supermarket or prepare by yourself.
Starosofiiska salad is made from roasted marinated red pepper, white cheese, walnuts, olive oil, garlic and dill.
- 4 baked red peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 100 g Bulgarian feta cheese (sirene)
- ½ yogurt
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- Bake the peppers and set aside.
- Boil 3 eggs and set aside.
- Clean the baked peppers and finely chop them.
- Add a big tablespoon of yogurt in the middle of a plate.
- Add the peppers into the plate and arrange them around the yogurt. Cut the tomatoes in small pieces and add them to the plate.
- Remove the shell from the eggs and cut them into pieces. Add them to the plate between the tomatoes and the yogurt.
- Shred the feta cheese on top of the tomatoes. Cut the parsley and sprinkle it on top.
- Add the salt, olive oil.
Inspiration and adaptation: kashtite.com, hamhum.net, foodfuntravel.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Starosofiiska salata recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!