Trahana Soup with Feta Cheese (Trahanosoupa) is a nourishing, quick and easy to prepare ancient Greek soup made of a mix of cracked wheat and yogurt. Trahana can be sweet and sour and it can be found in the cuisines of Egypt, Mediterranean, Southeast Europe and the Middle East, dating back to the Neolithic era.
Trahana Soup with Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cup water
- 1 cup sour trahana
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup milk
- salt to taste optional
- Over medium-high heat place a medium pot and melt the butter.
- Then add water, trahana, and season with salt, and stir well.
- After it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Then pour the milk and add the feta stir well and cook for an another 5 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: wikipedia.org, kalofagas.ca
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.