Trahana Soup with Feta Cheese
Trahana is super easy to make and can be from stove to table in a half hour or less. Serve with some crusty bread and you’ve got yourself a delicious, body-warming meal.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cup water
- 1 cup sour trahana
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup milk
- salt to taste optional
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat until lightly browned (be sure to keep a close eye on it, so it doesn't burn).
- Stir in the water, trahana, and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the trahana from sticking to the bottom. The trahana will absorb a lot of the water and will be soft.
- Add the milk and feta and cook for an additional five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let rest for five minutes.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.
photo credit and inspiration: byagora