Vanilice Recipe (Vanilla Sandwich Cookies)
Vanilice are bite-sized delicious, powdered sugar Serbian Vanilla Sandwich Cookies with a soft jam filling between. Serbian cuisine is popular with many recipes for cookies, rich tortes, strudels and any type of desserts. If you do not have lard you can replace it with butter.
These vanilice cookies are filled cookies with jam and top with powdered vanilla sugar.
- 1 kg flour
- 500 g lard
- 2 dl yoghurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packets of vanilla sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Plum or apricot jam
- Use a bowl and mix with hand mixer the sugar with the lard or butter then add yogurt.
- Slowly add flour and continue mixing until you get a smooth dough. Transfer the dough to a floury surface and roll the dough with 5 mm thick.
- You can use some kind of a round shape form or just a glass to cut round shape cookies out of the dough and place them into covered with a baking sheet baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 150° C and place the baking tray inside. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Then spread some jam on each cookie and press two cookies to form a sandwich.
- Sprinkle some vanilla poweder sugar.
Inspiration and adaptation: serbia.com, rakijalounge.com, curiouscuisiniere.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.
Did you make this Vanilice recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!