Buzara is a seafood dish that includes mussels, clams, shellfish, and prawns and are cooked in either a red or white sauce. The red sauce is prepared by using tomatoes, red wine, onions, herbs and spices. The white sauce is made with white wine. Mussels are cheaper than clams and easier to find in the groceries.
Buzara can feature a variety of seafood including, mussels, clams, and prawns and are cooked in either a red or white sauce.
cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb peel-on, raw shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Apple or grape juice
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lain breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Over medium high heat place a large skillet. Add olive oil and the shrimp and sauté 1-2 minutes from each side.
- Then add the tomato paste, garlic and seasoning like black pepper and salt.
- Add the red wine vinegar and stir. Reduce the heat to medium low and then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the skillet. Add 2 tbsp breadcrumbs and more salt if needed.
- Transfer into dish and spread on top some fresh chopped parsley. Usually it is served bread for dipping.
Photo credit and inspiration: infinitecroatia/Pixabay, jenapastor.com, theculturetrip.com, kotor.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Montenegro cuisine.
Did you make this Buzara recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!