This Greek Chicken Thighs with Feta, Olives, and Tomato Rice is baked in a delicious rice, crushed tomatoes, white wine sauce and it is crispy on the outside and tender. This is a great meal enough to feed a whole family. If you do not have Greek feta you can always use white cheese or Bulgarian feta.
Greek Chicken Thighs with Feta, Olives, and Tomato Rice
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 packet Kalamata olives
- 1/8 oz thyme
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 oz dill
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Prepare the bell pepper by washing them and clean them from removing seeds and stem then cut then into strips lengthwise .
- Cut the onion into thin slices.
- Wash the chicken then dry it with paper towel and brush it with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with black pepper and salt.
- In a medium baking dish mix crushed tomatoes, white wine, rice, bell pepper, sliced onion, the thyme sprigs, ¼ cup water, and season with salt, and black pepper and then add the chicken thighs on top.
- Use aluminum foil to cover baking dish then place it in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes till most of the liquid is absorbed. Chop the dill leaves and olives. Make sure there are no pits.
- Then spread some feta and olives around chicken remove the aluminum foil and bake for 10-12 more minutes.
- When the meal is ready remove the thyme sprigs and sprinkle on top some freshly chopped dill.
Inspiration and adaptration: slimmingeats.com, chocolatemoosey.com, loveandgoodstuff.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.