Cottage cheese spread is a popular appetizer made in traditional Slovenian cuisine. There were many cow farms in the past and many dairy products were made like homemade yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, and cheese among other dairy products. Dairy products are good sources of proteins and it is very common in Slovenian cuisine that we use cottage cheese.
Cottage cheese spread recipe can be modified upon your preferences and imagination and you can experiment with dill, cucumbers, basil, spinach and more.
Cottage Cheese Spread
- 200 g cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions and or chives
- 1 small clove of garlic
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- finely chopped thyme
- finely chopped parsley
- pumpkin seed oil, pumpkin seeds for the garnish
- In a bowl put the cottage cheese and use a fork smash it well.
- Then add 2 tbsp of sour cream and mix it and add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you get creamy spread.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours before consuming so tastes to get absorbed.
Inspiration and adaptation: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Slovenian cuisine