Cream of mushroom recipe is a tasty traditional soup from Montenegro, perfect for cold days with its creamy smooth texture and delicious on its own. You can store it in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or you can freeze the soup for up to 3 months.
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ lb mushrooms fresh or frozen
- 3 scallions , finely chopped
- 5 carrots , sliced
- 1 stalks celery
- 5 medium potatoes , cut into chunks
- 4 olive oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Prepare the mushroom by removing small part of the bottom, rinse under water and set the aside.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and heat it over medium heat.
- Chopped the scallions, add them to the skillet and sauté, stir when needed.
- Change to high heat, add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stir when needed.
- Then add the potatoes, celery and carrots and add seasoning such as salt and pepper. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add water to the skillet and bring it to boiling. Reduce the heat to medium heat, cover the skillet and cook for 45 minutes.
- Just 5 minutes before you turn off the heat add the heavy cream and stir regularly.
- Use a hand blender or pour the skillet over to a blender and mix for a few minute to reach a smooth creamy texture.
Inspiration and adaptation: tryveganrecipes.com, billyparisi.com, tastykitchen.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Montenegro cuisine.