Chicken Tava Easy Turkish Chicken Recipe
A simple and delicious Turkish chicken dish that is incredibly easy to make and the perfect healthy comfort food.
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 medium onions
- Olive oil
- 1½ bell pepper
- 5-7 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp Harissa paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- black pepper
- a few mushrooms
- Chop all the vegetables, finely chop the garlic and dice the chicken breast.
- Pan fry the onions in olive oil on low/medium heat. As the onion start to soften up, add the mushrooms and garlic and carry on frying for a couple of minutes, and then add the chicken.
- Add the tin of tomato, 200ml water, the harissa paste, tomato paste, butter, salt, black pepper and let it simmer, stirring occasionally.
- As the tomatoes start to break down, add the bell pepper. Carry on cooking until the tomatoes have broken down, the bell pepper chunks have softened up and the excess water has evaporated.
Photo credit and inspiration: www.yummytummyaarthi.com, kimieatsglutenfree.com