These Greek Dukkah Zucchini Fries are quick and easy to make, full of flavor, fried until crispy and golden, served as an appetizer or side dish. Dukkah originates from the Egyptian and Middle Eastern cuisines and it is prepared from of a mixture of herbs, hazelnut, and spices.
Greek Dukkah Zucchini Fries
- 2 zucchini
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek-style Dukkah
- oil spray
- Wash and cut the ends off the zucchini then cut each zucchini in half then lengthwise slide them strips. You can have from one zucchini 10-12 sticks.
- In a plate add some flour and roll each zucchini stick.
- In a small bowl beat an egg and dip each stick into it then coat with dukkah.
- Place a baking sheet at the bottom of a baking tray and arrange all zucchini sticks then sprinkle more dukkah on the top and drizzle some olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com, gimmedelicious.com, tastybg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.