Greek Lamb Kebabs
Greek Lamb Kebabs are so juicy and tasty prepared from lamb meat flavored in Greek oregano, thyme, garlic and lemon. Variations of the kebabs are found in the Mediterranean, Balkan and Middle Eastern cuisines.
Mix the lamb meat with the thyme, Greek oregano, garlic, lemon and olive oil to make a delicious kebabps.
- 2 lb lamb leg or shoulder, cut into chunks
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 juice of lemon
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme or some fresh thyme, chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 12 metal or wooden skewers (8 for lamb 4 for tomatoes)
- In a large bowl add lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, ground pepper, herbs and mix well to prepare the marinade for the lamb.
- Then add to the bowl the lamb meat and the chopped onions and mix well using your hands.
- Leave it aside for at least a few hours then add the pieces of meat to wooden or metal skewers.
- If you are using wooden skewers, remember to soak them in water first.
- Before you grill season with salt then transfer them to a preheated grill or barbecue for about 10-15 minutes.
- Put the skewers of tomatoes on the last five minutes of grilling.
- Serve them with grilled tomatoes and red onion, and pita bread.
Inspiration and adaptation: tastybg.com, fandom.com, internationalcuisine.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.
Did you make this Greek Lamb Kebabs recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!