Lamb Skewers are simple to make, but it takes long time left with spices and wine even they are not marinated. Use of lamb meat has long traditions in Bulgarian customs with celebrating holidays like St George and the national day of Bulgarian Army.
- 1 lamb shoulder
- 3 scallions
- 1 stalk green garlic
- ½ cup red wine
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp dried ground lovage (common hogweed)
- 1 tsp dried spearmint
- paprika powder
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Prepare the lamb meat by cutting it in small size pieces.
- In a deep bowl add the chopped scallions and garlic, place the lamb and season with spices.
- Pour some red wine in the bowl and mix everything well.
- Cover the bowl and leave it overnight in the fridge.
- Then stringing the meat skewer and grill them. Don't forget to rotate the skewers regularly from all sides.
- Serve hot.
Inspiration and adaptation: receptite.com, recipeswise.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.