Green Bean, Tomato and Feta Salad is super easy to make healthy and delicious recipe made from green bean with juicy tomatoes and feta cheese with a simple lemon vinaigrette. You can always substitute if you do not have Greek feta with white cheese, which is very similar and popular across the Balkan countries. You can easily twist this salad and if you want protein you can add chickpeas or chicken.
Green Bean, Tomato and Feta Salad
- 400 g Mini Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 400 g green beans, stems trimmed
- 100 g smooth feta cheese
- ⅓ cup almond slivers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- black pepper
- Over medium heat place a large saucepan with water add salt and bring it to boiling. Then add the washed and trimmed beans and cook for 2 to 3 minutes with lid on.
- In a large bowl add ice-cold water and when the beans are cooked rinse them, drain and right away place them in the bowl with cold water and leave it aside for a few minutes.
- Use a non-stick frying pan and fry the almond slivers until slightly browned for around 3 or 4 minutes. Remove from the pan into a plate and let them cool.
- Drain and transfer the beans to a paper towel. Leave them aside.
- In a large bowl toss everything and season with salt, olive oil and lemon juice.
Inspiration and adaptations: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com, kalynskitchen.com, justplaincooking.ca
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.